• Responsible for strategic sourcing of assigned commodities/categories for new program, resourcing, localization.
• Gathers and analyzes supplier data to prepare analysis and recommendation for supplier selection.
• Conduct supplier assessments for potential new suppliers.
• Evaluate, establish and develop reliable suppliers for quality, service, price and local content requirements. Build, maintain and manage supplier relationship.
• Work with suppliers to develop continuous material cost improvement plans and metrics to monitor performance.
• Evaluate market conditions and develop strategic sourcing strategies to improve costs, reduce risk and ensure sustainable supply security
• Coordinate resolution of supplier quality problems.
• Serve as the primary liaison between manufacturing and the supplier.
• Maintain required documentation and files.
• Develop and coordinate joint venture/ supplier training in DGSM procedures and requirements.
• This position will require some travel, globally or regionally depending on assigned commodities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Bachelor degree with a major in engineering & business administration or equivalent experience. Desirable course work would include probability and / or statistics. MBA is plus.
* Minimum of 3 year of experience in Purchasing
* Proficient in oral and written English
* High level of computer literacy, to include MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Proficient in print reading and interpretation;
* Mechanical or Electrical Engineering background is preferred
* In-depth knowledge of procurement systems and best practices, combining with technical understanding of categories manufacturing process and functionality
* Experience in dealing with global suppliers
* Strong track record of negotiating procurement / buying terms
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight schedules
* Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills to effectively lead, motivate and facilitate others in group situations; High level of analytical ability to assess and identify appropriate alternative courses of actions for definition and resolution of problems that is somewhat unique and diverse;.
* Effective negotiation, contract management and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to exercise independent judgment is required;
* Ability to effectively organize and plan.
For more information you can call Johnny WANG in our Shanghai office on (021) 8026 4175 quoting Job Reference Johnny.firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, apply online below.